A Nation Can Forget God – When Israel forgot God they drifted from God (Psalm 78). A nation can forget God (Psalm 9:17). When Christians view the attributes of God they will realize that one of the most critical needs of this hour is for the church and Christians to be brought back and remember the true almighty God, realizing Who He is and who we are. God needs to be glorified again in the church, and the Christian life. Christians need to acquaint themselves again with God. Return to God – “When I consider thy heavens, the work of thy fingers, the moon and the stars, which thou hast ordained; What is man, that thou art mindful of him?” (Psa.8:3-4). Consider means to think, compare, mediate and then come to a conclusion. Christians need to again love, honor, and serve an almighty God Who never changes. The need of this day is to “Be still and know that He is God” (Psalm 46:10). Know Him as the One and Only Almighty God. Know Him as the Creator of life and this universe. Know Him in true worship. Christians need to again know Him and turn to righteousness. Christians need to know Him in the Word of God and let it change their lives. Christians know Him and need not be influenced by this world. Christians know Him personally and need to be daily conscious of Him. Know Him as the One true God as others worship their many different gods. As one missionary told of worshippers in India who tapped on trees and stones and whispered “Are you there?” God is indeed there, He is there as He is here, there and everywhere, but not confined to any one place. God is everywhere at all times in all places.
Study Slowly – Do not rush these studies, but slowly mediate as you read. Let God speak and reveal Himself to you through Scriptures, the Spirit of God, and mediation. “There can be no condensed learning of God; the very thought quickly reading is an insult to His transcendent majesty. Rather we have to learn to slow down and meditate on the truth of His Being, to ruminate over, to ingest and digest the revelations concerning His holy character, to wonder overwhelmingly, to “be still [cease striving] and know that I am God” (Psalm 46:10). “But the Lord is the true God, he is the living God” (Jeremiah 10:10). When you pray you speak to God, but when you study the Scriptures God speaks to you. In old days God spoke through voice, but now God speaks through the Scriptures. Also it is the Word of God that transforms spiritual lives. The world conforms us – The Word transforms us. So seek the Scriptures and let the Scriptures speak to you. No one can spiritually grow with the Word of God – No one! (1 Peter 2:2) – TC
The Character, Attributes and Nature of God
Remember, His character never conflicts with His attributes or His nature. His character, attributes and nature are in agreement with the Word of God.
For one month each day be conscious of the Almighty God.
- Day 01 – God is Jehovah – The name of independent being. I AM WHO I AM only belongs to Jehovah God – Ex.3:13-15.
- Day 02 – God is Jehovah – Kaddesh “God who sanctifies.” God also requires His servants to be clean vessels – Lev.20:7-8
- Day 03 – God is infinite – God has no beginning, end, limit – Without God there would be no beginning — Romans 11:33
- Day 04 – God is omnipotent – God has infinite power without limit above all other powers — Jeremiah 32:17,18, 26,27.
- Day 05 – God is good – The goodness of God requires God to be kind and good toward all creation — Psalm 119:65-72
- Day 06 – God is love – God’s love is so great that He gave His only Son to restore fellowship with Him — 1 John 4:7-10.
- Day 07 – God is Self-existing – God is self-existing without man. He does not need man but man needs God — Psalm 86:10.
- Day 08 – God is Jehovah-Jireh – “God who provides.” He provided yesterday; He will provide tomorrow – Gen. 22:9-14.
- Day 09 – God is Jehovah-Shalom “God of peace.” Only God can give peace within the soul of man — Psalm 107:9.
- Day 10 – God is immutable – All that God is, He has always been. He cannot change — Psalm 102:25-28.
- Day 11 – God is transcendent – He is transcendent — existing before and beyond the created universe — Psalm 113:4-5.
- Day 12 – God is just – God rules with absolute justice. He cannot be fooled. God is always fair and impartial — Psalm 75:1-7.
- Day 13 – God is holy – God is untainted. His holiness stands apart — unique and incomprehensible — Revelation 4:8-11.
- Day 14 – God is Jehovah-rapha – “Jehovah heals.” God alone heals physically and spiritually — Exodus 15:22-26
- Day 15 – God is self-sufficient – God is the One Who is independent and self-sufficient within Himself — Acts 17:24-28.
- Day 16 – God is omniscient – His knowledge includes all that exists, has ever existed, or will ever exist — Psalm 139:1-6.
- Day 17 – God is omnipresent – God is everywhere – close to everything – next to everyone — Psalm 139:7-12.
- Day 18 – God is merciful – God’s compassion is infinite and inexhaustible — Deuteronomy 4:29-31.
- Day 19 – God is sovereign – His sovereignty is majestic and supreme – He reigns above all others — 1 Chronicles 29:11-13.
- Day 20 – God is Jehovah-Nissi – “God our banner” (Exodus 17:8-15). He will go before us in victory — 1 Corinthians 15:57.
- Day 21 – God is wise – God is too wise to do wrong. All God’s acts are done in infinite wisdom — Proverbs 3:19,20.
- Day 22 – God is faithful – Our hope rests upon God’s faithfulness and His faithful promises will be honored — Psalm 89:1-8.
- Day 23 – God is wrathful – God’s wrath is for man’s best. He chastens and corrects to bring man to Him — Nahum 1:2-8.
- Day 24 – God is full of grace – Grace is the pleasure of God that inclines Him to grant undeserved merit — Ephesians 1:5-8.
- Day 25 – God is our Comforter – Paul writes that the Lord is “the God of all comfort.” — 2 Corinthians 1:3-4.
- Day 26 – God is El-Shaddai – “God Almighty.” God is all-sufficient and all-bountiful — Genesis 49:22-26.
- Day 27 – God is The Father – The Heavenly Father cares for you as if you were His only child. –Romans 8:15-17.
- Day 28 – God is the Head of the Church – God/Son is the head of the Church. Worship and serve Him — Ephesians 1:22,23
- Day 29 – God is our intercessor – Knowing our temptations, God the Son intercedes for us — Hebrews 4:14-16.
- Day 30 – God is Adonai – “Master.” He has the right to command servants to obey Him — 2 Samuel 7:18-20.
- Day 31 – God is Elohim – “Strength” or “Power.” He is mighty and strong with supreme power, sovereignty – Gen.17:7-8.
God is good – All the time – All the time – God is good!