Deaf Israel Teaching Trip — Taught and Interpreted in ASL
Visit and Learn In
Where Jesus Lived and Taught!
Trip for Deaf People — Hosted by SWM — Jon and Diane Barr*
Come visit the places where Jesus taught in Israel. Visit Galilee. See Bethlehem, the place Jesus was born. Visit Nazareth Village, similar to the place Jesus grew up. Learn the lessons Jesus taught in the places here he taught! You will have time to see the sites AND learn the lessons. We will focus on Bible places and Bible events. We will discuss Bible verses and the events that happened in each place we visit. We will also learn about the many people who have lived in Israel, their ways of building, and more. Deaf people please join us for this special Deaf Teaching Trip in Israel in 2024. – Jon and Diane Barr, SWM
What Will We See?
Current plans include…
Galilee: The teaching ministry of Jesus — Jerusalem: The crucifixion week — A Few Other Places
- Caesarea Maritime
- Beit Shean
- Caesarea Philippi
- Ancient Boat at Ginosaur
- Boat Ride
- Temple Institute
- Dead Sea float
- Mt. of Beatitudes
- Ancient Synagogue Tiberias
- Baptismal Site
- Old City Jerusalem
- Bar Mitzvahs
- Wailing Wall
- Temple Mount
- Via Dolorosa
- Church of Holy Sepulcher
- Jewish Quarter
- Wailing Wall Tunnel Tour
- Mt. of Olives
- City of David
- Siloam Pool
- Garden Tomb
- Shopping Time
SWM helps Deaf Christians learn more about the Bible.
- See the places Jesus walked and taught.
- Learn about New Testament places.
- Experience the Culture and Food of Israel;
- Ride a Boat on the Sea of Galilee.
- Explore Ancient Cities.
- Visit the empty Garden Tomb.
“He is not here: for he is risen, as he said. Come, see the place where the Lord lay” (Matthew 28:6).
Interpreted in ASL • Bible Lessons by Jon Barr • Professional Israel Tour Guide
View Jon Barr’s 1-Hour Israel Video (2016 with Jon & Diane Barr and Frank & Ursala Rasmussen).
What is Included?
- Round-trip coach-class air travel from the international departure airport (TBA: New York or Chicag0) – Each traveller is responsible for costs getting to and from departure airport.
- All land travel by deluxe air-conditioned motor coach
- Double-occupancy deluxe hotels (additional fee for a private room)
- English-speaking Guide – ASL Interpreter – Host Using ASL
- Daily breakfast and dinner – Breakfast and dinner in the hotel are amazing. Lunch may be provided, depending on tour guide.
- Water on bus tour
- Afternoon snacks
- Entrance fees at all itinerary sites, all tips for tour guides, drivers, and hotel staff, and all entrance/exit fees at border crossings if applicable
- Foreign emergency insurance (through SWM’s provider)
Question: How do I reserve a place on the trip? — Answer: Send a $200 or more deposit to Silent Word Ministries now.
Question: What happens if I cancel? — Answer: Funds are refundable until SWM purchases tickets (except for $200 non-refundable deposit).
Question: May I pay by credit/debit card? — Answer: Yes. However, credit/debit card fees cannot be refunded.
Question: Why are checks preferred? — Answer: Cost is figured without credit/debit card transaction fees. These fees cannot be refunded in case of cancellation.
Question: When must I pay? — Answer: Send $200 deposit now. As this trip is limited to 30 travelers, fully paid travelers have priority. Full payment deadline October 6, 2023, unless special arrangement with SWM. After June 1, please contact Jon Barr for availability.
Question: May I make payments? — Answer: Yes. Early payments accepted. Send checks to SWM. All funds are kept in a designated escrow account.
Question: What happens if Coronavirus is still a problem? — Answer: SWM monitors health situations and will advise travelers if trip cancellation is required. All funds are kept in a separate escrow account in case refunds are needed.
This is a non-profit, educational trip. Any excess funds will be used for future mission trips. Jon Barr or SWM does not profit from this trip.