Information for Silent Word Ministries “Deaf Tour of Israel” March 28-April 8, 2022
A valid U.S. passport good until November 8, 2022 or beyond is required for entrance into Israel. Get a passport application at your local post office. SWM will be asking your passport number in December, 2021. No Visa is required for US citizens.
Health Disclaimer for Travel
Passengers registering for the tour accept the responsibility for being in good health and able to walk and travel on the tour. Because many of the sites in Israel are not accessible to the physically challenged, those needing wheelchairs, oxygen, or other ambulatory assistance will find the tour extremely limiting in their experiences.
Some days the tour group will walk up to 5 miles — especially in the “Old City” of Jerusalem.
Do I need to be vaccinated for COVID-19?
- Yes, or be recovered as listed on this page. Bring your paper vaccination proof.
What are the vaccination requirements?
- You may enter 14 days after you have been vaccinated with two doses (or one dose of the Johnson and Johnson vaccine).
- Note: If you are vaccinated more than 6 months before departure, you must receive a booster shot 14 days or more before you arrive in Israel.
Note: SWM is not responsible for the costs of vaccinations before, during, or after this trip. Please consult your local physician. Vaccinations required in Israel will be an additional cost for each traveller. We regret any inconvenience.
Stages of Entry to Israel
Before You Fly
- Take a PCR test within 72 hours before the flight to Israel.
- You will be required to take another PCR test on arrival in Israel.
- Fill out this form 48 hours before your flight to Israel. (More information)
In The Airport
Just before boarding the flight, the travelers must present the following documents:
- Proof of a negative result on a PCR test taken within 72 hours before the flight to Israel, or
- Confirmation of completion of the entry statement form for travelers coming to Israel.
- One of these documents:
- A vaccination certificate proving vaccination as required by Israel, or
- A digital recovery certificate, or
- A special entry permit, or an Israeli passport.
Upon Arrival in Israel
Requirement as of November 10, 2021 — Upon arrival, all travelers must take a PCR test and isolate until they get a negative test result, or for 24 hours, whichever is earlier.
More and exact information is available at Israel’s Entry Requirements web page.